After the first Australian adaptive MTB camp in September 2017 and after popular demand, a second beginners camp has been announced for March 2018!
Enjoy 3 days and 2 nights in the beautiful bush-land overlooking the southern shores of West Australian in Albany for a relaxing and family-friendly camping and handcycling experience. From the coastal bush-land of the Vancouver Peninsula you'll be overlooking the majestic Royal Princess Harbour - where land meets sea!
Jump on different equipment, learn the basics and tackle different trail features. When the sun sets, roast some marshmallows over the camp fire family, friends and fellow riders!
You'll be guided by a Mountain Bike Australia affiliated and accredited coach with the support of experienced handcycle volunteers. You'll have the opportunity to check out some cutting-edge technology. Learn where to get equipment from and different grant/funding opportunities in WA!
It will be a cram-packed weekend, so throw on a helmet and get ready to tackle some Aussie dirt!
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSING...
Everyone is welcome but the focus will be for people with physical or neurological disabilities that require adaptive cycles to participate in mountain biking and assistance with camping.
Beginners through to experienced riders who would like to add a camping element to the outdoors experience! General fitness is required to push around the camp site.
Quaranup Rd, Vancouver Peninsula WA 6330
Friday 16th - Sunday 18th March, 2018
$90 per participant (persons being coached).
Maximum 6 registered participants.
Family, friends, carers and support welcome!
Each participant is welcome to register up to one (1) additional person to come along with them for FREE!
Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included FREE of charge in the registration cost. Includes meals for carers and companions.
On-site Communal Amenities
The camping grounds is fully catered with running water and electricity.
- 3 x dorms with single-bed bunks.
- 1 x Universal toilets with shower.
- 4 x Accessible toilets (650cm wide doorway).
- 2 x Portable shower benches.
- Fully catered kitchen and dining hall. Fridges available for storage of light refreshments.
- Car parking 30m from dorms. 5-10m of pea-gravel.
- Camp fire for roasting marshmallows!!!
|1pm||2pm||Official welcome and lunch|
|5pm||7pm||Dinner and camp fire|
|5pm||6pm||Dinner and camp fire|
|12pm||1pm||Clinic 3 special|
|1pm||5pm||Presentations and close|
- Must be 16 years and older. Supporters/family of any age are welcome. Under 18yo participants require parental/guardian permission and supervision.
- Read the Terms and Conditions carefully on the online registration.
- Complete the online registration and make any outstanding payments to MTBA.
- Check your email for confirmation. Get your gear ready and prepare for an awesome weekend away!
What to bring...
- Australian standard certified mountain bike helmet (see Helmet Policy when registering).
- Light snacks.
- Drinking water and any preferred sports or soft drinks. Refillable sports drink bottle.
- Cycling gloves (finger-less or full length).
- Flexible elbow pads.
- Comfortable clothing suitable to the weather conditions at the time of Event. Slip-slop-slap if necessary!
- Prescription medications, sun cream and bug repellent.
- Headlamp and or torches and batteries/chargers.
- Single-bed linen (sheets and dooner/sleeping bag) and pillow/pillow covers. Mattress protector and pillow provided at camp.
- Beach towels and hand/face towel.
- Toiletries including shower gel/soap, wash cloth or similar, toothbrush and paste, personal hygiene products, body/face wipes and self-care items.
Special recognition and thanks to the following supporters, contributors and funding associations: