The first ever Mountain Bike Australia Adaptive Mountain Biking Camp in Australian History is hitting West Australia this September!
Enjoy 2 full days and nights in the West Australian bush for a relaxing and family-friendly camping and handcycling experience.
Learn the basics of different equipment, try them yourself, learn how to tackle different trail features and roast some marshmallows over the camp fire! You'll even get a free session on how to maintain the basic equipment - perfect for anyone looking at owning or hiring equipment in the future!
You'll be guided by a Mountain Bike Australia accredited coach with the support of experienced handcycle volunteers. You'll also have the opportunity to speak with a local manufacturer and check out some cutting-edge technology. Learn where to get equipment from and different grant/funding opportunities in WA!
It will be a cram-packed weekend, so throw on a helmet and get ready to tackle some Aussie dirt!
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSING...
Everyone is welcome but the focus will be for people with physical or neurological disabilities that require adaptive cycles to participate in mountain biking and assistance with camping.
Beginners through to experienced riders who would like to add a camping element to the outdoors experience! General fitness is required to push around the camp site.
Cycletrek @ Kambarang, 416 Lowden Grimwade Road, Lowden, WA 6240
Friday 8th - Sunday 10th September, 2017
$60 per participant (persons being coached). REGISTER NOW!
Maximum 8 registered participants.
Family, Friends, Carers and Support welcome!
Each participant is welcome to register up to two (2) additional people to come along with them for FREE!
On-site Communal Amenities
The camping grounds in un-powered.
- Tent, shower, toilet and kitchen facilities are accessible with heavy-duty rubber matting.
- 1 x Cabin Lodge for high-needs participant.
- 4 x Tents with queen bedding (reserved for people unable to secure personal equipment). Please contact us to inquire.
- 3 x Fixed toilets (2 accessible).
- 2 x Fixed showers - heated (1 accessible).
- 4 x Portable toilets (2 accessible).
- 2 x Portable showers - heated (2 accessible) with privacy walls and shelter.
- 2 x Portable shower benches with backrest and rail.
- BBQ facilities (wood and gas).
- Portable dish wash facility with gazebo.
- Projector lighting for toilet and shower facilities.
- Large chest icebox.
- Tables and chairs.
- Camp fire for roasting marshmallows!!!
- Must be 16 years and older. Supporters/family of any age are welcome. Under 18yo participants require parental/guardian permission and supervision.
- Read the Terms and Conditions carefully on the online registration.
- Complete the online registration and make any outstanding payments to MTBA.
- Check your email for confirmation. Get your gear ready and prepare for an awesome weekend away!
What to bring...
- Australian standard certified mountain bike helmet (see Helmet Policy when registering).
- Cycling gloves (finger-less or full length).
- Flexible elbow pads.
- Your own tent and sleeping mattress. If you do not have one, please contact us for alternative arrangements.
- Linen including at least two (2) beach towels, hand/face towel, mattress covers/sheets, pillows and pillow covers.
- Toiletries including shower gel/soap, wash cloth or similar, toothbrush and paste, personal hygiene products, self-care items and one (1) toilet roll.
- Body/face wipes.
- Prescription medications, sun cream and bug repellent.
- Food, snacks and condiments - two (2) communal BBQ’s and stove available.
- Food storage and containers – example, Eski or 12V electric fridge.
- Cutlery (knives, forks, spoon) and crockery (plates, bowls, mugs).
- Pots and pans – one (1) communal kitchen washing facility available.
- Drinking water and any preferred sports or soft drinks. Refillable sports drink bottle.
- Headlamp and or torches and batteries/chargers.
- Comfortable clothing suitable to the weather conditions at the time of Event. Slip-slop-slap if necessary!
Remember: The camping grounds are un-powered, so please make relevant arrangements.
Special recognition and thanks to the following supporters, contributors and funding associations:
Hosted and Supported By